The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
read August 2009
Hmmmm....Well.....I wanted to love this book. I really, really did. Several of my friends recommended it and I've heard nothing but good things about it. I was excited when my friend, Mandy, picked it for our September book club selection. I went to Barnes & Noble lickety split to pick up a copy and settled in for a good read. But, honestly, I was a little disappointed. Sure, the book was pretty easy to get into and it was definitely interesting. I just didn't love it, and I'm not really sure why. I think it was a little sad, but I'm all good with a proper tear-jerker. This one just didn't do it for me. I'll be interested to see what the bc ladies have to say about this. I've heard the movie is EXCELLENT - a great date movie. Maybe this is one of the few times where the movie is actually better than the book! There are a lot of mixed reviews out there (www.amazon.com and www.goodreads.com) that echo how I feel about the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment