Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

read March 2010






This is the same author that wrote "Pride and Prejudice for Zombies", which I never read but kept picking up at the bookstore. So because vampires are the latest craze, and because it was on sale at Target, I gave this one a try. In this book, the author meets a vampire (Henry), who gives him a bunch of Lincoln's old journals. As the author reads, he lears that Abraham Lincoln was a prolific vampire killer. See, according to the story, Abe's mother dies from the bite of a vampire, and her sickness was passed off as "milk sickness". From this moment on, Lincoln vows to destroy as many vampires as possible.

This was a pretty good book. I kept wanting there to be more of it. There's enough historical background in it that you keep thinking, "Hmmm....could it be???" I already have "Pride and Prejudice for Zombies" on reserve at the library. I'll let you know how that one turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment