Eclipse by Stephenie Meyers
read May 2010

I read Eclipse again (probably the 4th time) in honor of the upcoming release of the movie. June 30th. Can't. Freakin. Wait. I was thinking that this was my favorite Twilight book, but now I just really don't think so. And I liked Bella a lot more before the movies. Now she's just so whiny and annoying. One of the readers on goodreads.com had this to say:
First of all, I have lost most of the respect I had for Bella as a character. Her obsession for Edward has really gone overboard, to the point of becoming downright annoying, even unhealthy. She worships the ground he walks on, and is all too ready to dump her parents and friends just so she can spend more time with him without growing old. She doesn't seem to have any serious problem with the idea of making her parents worry, or the thought of never see them again... she's willing to stomp over anything that isn't Edward, even things that can enrich her life. She's like a satellite, her boring life revolving solely around him. She has no self-worth, and spends a good deal of the book whining, complaining and sighing, I really wanted to shake her hard at times and tell her to GET A LIFE.
Honestly, I kind of agree with that!
No comments:
Post a Comment