Wednesday, July 28, 2010

House Rules

House Rules by Jodi Picoult
read July 2010




Many people mock Jodi Picoult, but I do enjoy her books. This one - not my favorite, but it was good. 'House Rules' is about Jacob Hunt, a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome. I don't really know much about AS (as they call it in the book), but it seems to be a form of Autism. Jacob is particularly obsessed with forensics. He’s always showing up at crime scenes, thanks to the police scanner he keeps in his room, and telling the cops what they need to do…and he’s usually right. But then one day his tutor is found dead, and the police come to question him. And...what do you know....Jacob finds himself accused of murder. There aren't as many plot twists as in some on Picoult's books that I've read in the past, but I would still recommend it. Easy read. Good for the beach, but it does make you think about how we communicate and how those that may not be able to communicate as well can sometimes have pretty crappy lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment