Monday, December 12, 2011

Cold Vengence

Cold Vengence (Pendergast #11) by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
read December 2011




I am a big fan of a lot of Preston & Child's work. Cabinet of Curiousities is one of my favorite books of all time. A lot of their books revolve around FBI Special Agent Aloysius X. L. Pendergast, who is rich, super smart and ninja-like. The books, in the past, have had a lot of history, museums, and haunted houses. But this book is more Nazi conspiracy theory and less history mystery. I read it over the weekend in fits and starts. In this book, Pendergast is investigating his wife's accidental death - which took place over 12 years ago. It get's a little boring in spots. I guess this is book #2 in a trilogy about Pendergast's wife's death. I probably won't read any of the other ones. Don't get me wrong, it's a good book. But not buy-it-at-the-bookstore good. Get it from the library. And while you're at it, do yourself a favor and pick up Cabinet of Curiousities, Reliquary or Still Life With Crows. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment